Thursday, November 27, 2008

Who and where am I?




















The last few years have been a bit challenging in terms of claiming residency; I have a New Zealand passport, an Australian mailing address and bank account, and a backpack. I usually put that I am a resident of New Zealand, even though I was not entitled to vote as I hadn't been in NZ for the requisite number of days in the last 5 years.

Now I am about to sign a contract to work with International SOS. I was first approached about the job, while I was in Israel/Palestine from an ex-boss now based in Dubai, who passed me onto the Human Resource person in Zurich, who arranged a phone-meeting with the Regional Manager who is based in Melbourne, who then emailed the Regional Medical Director in Ghana, and the ex-boss in Dubai and someone in South Africa, while the HR person in Zurich will pass me onto Human Resources in Singapore to do the contract and SOS Sydney to arrange my pre-employment physical. This is truly International!

1 comment:

HoneyM said...

That's like the time I got a job as an au pair in France when my brothers' girlfriends' friends' boyfriends' friends' wife left him.